Government Publishing Office B-130 Oil House Lead Wet Scrape & Encapsulate
Dollar Value of Contract/Final Construction Cost
August 15, 2022 - August 26, 2022
- We perform the work during normal business hours or off hours, whatever is more convenient for GPO. We will occupy the B-130 Oil House for the entire duration of the project. Once we commence work, only SanDow personnel and authorized government personnel who are wearing the proper PPE will be allowed to enter the contained area.
- We prepare the work area by placing 2 layers of 6-mil poly on the floor and all criticals in the work area.
- We install a 1-stage decontamination facility that consists of a dirty room for ingress and egress.
- We install negative air machines in the area to scrub the air of any lead particles.
- We remove the loose and peeling paint in the B-130 Oil House using the wet scraping method. The scrapers will be attached to a HEPA vacuum so that most of the paint chips will be picked up by the HEPA vacuum, the chips that fall to the poly covered floor will be picked up and stored along with the contents of the HEPA vacuums in DOT-17H drums for disposal.
- After we remove the loose and peeling paint, we will encapsulate the scraped areas.