Indian Head Naval Support Facility
Mercury Vapor Remediation
(Rubber Gym Floor removal)
Indian Head Building 111
- We will perform the work during normal business hours. We will provide a crew of experienced lead remediation workers. We will occupy the area inside the building 111 warehouse for the entire duration of the project. Once we commence work, only SanDow personnel and authorized personnel who are wearing the proper PPE will be allowed to enter the contained area.
- We will install scaffolding throughout in various places to reach areas not accessible by lift.
- We will prepare the work area by placing 2 layers of 6-mil poly on the floor and 1 layer of 6-mil poly to cover all the remaining items in the space. We will cover all criticals not in the scope to contain the area from the adjacent areas that government employees will still be occupying.
- We will install a 1-stage decontamination facility that consists of a dirty room for ingress and egress
into the workspace.
- We will install negative air machines in the area to scrub the air of any lead particles.
- We will remove the loose and peeling paint from the walls, ceiling, and windows that are in our scope using the wet scraping method. The scrapers will be attached to a HEPA vacuum so that most of the paint chips will be picked up by the HEPA vacuum, the chips that fall to the poly covered floor will be picked up and stored along with the contents of the HEPA vacuums in DOT-17H drums for disposal.
- After we remove the loose and peeling paint, we will encapsulate the scraped areas.
- We will have all DOT-17H drums TCLP tested to determine whether the waste stream is hazardous.
- We will dispose of all hazardous materials at an EPA approved landfill.
Environmental Abatement Contractor
Dollar Value of Contract/Final Construction Cost
November 2022 - January 2023